First time doing a digital battlemap for last night’s Gamma World game: I thought it turned out pretty well! Various mutant plants attacked from the forest and wallflowers (from Bastion) sprouted out of the dead stumps.
SAI isn’t the best tool for mapping due to it’s lack of a ruler, but using a grid and the lineart tools works in a pinch. I used those for the concrete structure and this tutorial for the circular hatch in the ground.
More art, and probably my first “real” use of shading!
This is a character portrait for a player in the Gamma World game I’m running, who is a Gelatinous/Nightmare character. They normally look like a featureless humanoid slime, but since their Nightmare abilities scare the crap out of people, I imagined that it’s face molds into some kind of horrible monstrosity when needed.
Late night doodles of some kinda big stompy warbot and a ceiling-mounted camera robot that happily welcomes you to it’s facility until it notices you’re up to no good and sounds the alarm.
Always draw skulls.
Tried “lining” with looser strokes, more similarly to how I normally sketch. The result is satisfactory.
I said I’d put up more things, ought to get started now. This tyrannosaurus mutant is an idea for an RPG project I’m working with on the side.
Goblins come in all shapes and sizes.
Sorta unusual for a first post on tumblr, but I didn’t want to miss the end of Goblin Week (or goblinweek if you prefer). Decided to go for quantity over quality!